Category: DAT202 Creative Industries
Once we had the data in place and ready to be used, I started work on the Android development using the Android Developer Tools. I learnt a few new things on this project, including filtering
ListViews and dealing with
Actually developing the app was a bit more of a struggle. I had to decide what kind of data structure to use. At first I thought about storing the data in an SQLite database seeing as Android supports it natively, but decided against it once I realised it was a bit overkill for our needs. Also, the lack of a decent GUI made it difficult for others to interact with it.
Development on the Tamar GrowSmart project was relatively pain-free as we had a good idea of what we wanted. To begin with, we planned out the app workflow.
As part of our Creative Industries module, we were required to liaise with and create a product or solution for Tamar Grow Local.